Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Update!


  • Been reading a lot lately
  • And exercising a lot
  • And just all around not writing much
  • I will say that I went on a trip to my Grammie's 75th birthday party, and for like 4 days straight was tempted with donuts, pizza, ice cream, fresh bread, pasta, cake, you name it. I didn't give in once. Booyah!
  • I also worked out while I was up there! Didn't fall behind and I didn't injure myself (like last time I was up there and twisted my ankle big time)
  • I'm hovering in the 187-189 range these days, but I feel a few pound drop coming soon. Every time I wake up my tummy feels flatter and my mouth tastes gross--I'm convinced that's the taste of fat as I breathe it out in my sleep. Gross, but totally possible! 
  • It's amazing what a 10 minute workout of crunches, push-ups, and arm exercises can do to make you feel totally powerful and awesome. YES.
  • Oh, in sad news, my workout buddy Megan took a spill at our ~3 mile run on the trails this morning.


  • Poor thing. She was a trooper though and wanted to finish the run. What I didn't tell her was that we were lost and that I was busy trying to find the main trail anyway. Since she was already bleeding and probably not feeling that calm on the inside, I just told her I knew where we were and that we were almost back. My confidence paid off as we stumbled back on our trail. I never let on even once we found our way back to the cars! Haha, sorry Meggers. 
  • My boyfriend got a dog! So now the days we hang out we go for an extra couple walks with her. Awesometown! Her name is Abby, she's a year old half yellow lab half pit, but is the sweetest little cuddler you ever saw... even though she was a bit hesitant in warming up to me. That dog is some serious competition for my man, because oh my goodness does she love him! I'm excited to start training her to run with us. :D
  • Got several overnight shifts coming up in the next week. Always a joy shifting my sleep around enough to include workouts and not dying from exhaustion. We'll make it work.
  • Made my first order from Athens Local Growers yesterday! Pickup is Thursday. $20 of awesome delicious fresh veggies with my name on em! YUM! :-)
  • That's about it... stay active my friends!

No comments: