Friday, May 11, 2012

Cheat Day.

Last night my coworkers offered me a slice of cake. "Oh wait, are you still doing that thing?" Emphasizing the last part like "that thing" that I'm doing is eating fetuses or something.

My other coworker looked at me and said, through a mouthful of cake, "Ohh yheah, how'f  'at going?" And immediately added before I had a chance to respond, "Honestly I couldn't do that, I'd kill myself. No offense." Very considerate friend, obviously. We all had a good laugh about it though.

I told them how Chris and I are taking a "cheat day" to enjoy some indulgences... Moderation is key, after all.

All I've had today were a few bites of bread at big city bread that came with my salad and soup, and then just now, a bite of pizza that my friend was eating.

"Your face... it looks like you're sad that it tastes so good," she commented as I took my first bite of pizza in months. "Oh my god!" I said. Perhaps with a few extra expletives, just to get my point across.

It was some damn good pizza...

 "You look like a mother seeing her child for the first time," was how she described the look on my face as I chewed that doughy, 3 cheese (THERE WAS FETA CHEESE ON IT, PEOPLE. FETA CHEESE. Which I can still have any other day. But on that pizza... GAWD help me) slice of goodness.

The day has only just begun. YES.


No comments: