Wednesday, May 30, 2012

This Ain't Easy.

So I went for a 4 mile jog today. I say jog since, let's stop kidding ourselves, I run like a granny. Sometimes my speed picks up, but for the most part I plod along with little hops. That's okay--right now I'm a firm believer in slow and steady wins the race.

The exciting part of that news however is that puts me exactly on track for my training pace for the 10k coming up on Independence Day! That's pretty awesome.

The bad part of this post is that I've been hardcore struggling on my diet. I fell off the bandwagon earlier this week and weekend and ate some terrible foods, but I'm trying to slowly get back on track. It's not easy. In fact, it feels like quitting smoking or something--I have terrible addictions constantly and I find myself thinking about food all the time. This makes me sad, since the induction phase of Atkins is "supposed" to "fix you" of sugar and carb craving. I repeat: this isn't easy. I see now why so many people quit diets. Heck, I have too, but I've never really admitted it. I just get lax and then start again, blah blah.

I don't even have good words for all of the things I'm feeling. I'm tired almost 24/7 because of this overnight job that I work now, which makes eating well and working out even more challenging. I've got to find a way to fix all this! I'm pressing onward with hopes for the best, but inside I'm still scared I'm going to gain all the weight back, or stop running, or even just plateau where I am. I don't want to be 188 forever. Nope. Gotta keep pushing, even when I feel exhausted and unconvinced.

No comments: