Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It's Not Just About Me.

Stepping on the scale this week and there's no change. However, I can't say the same for my weight-loss and fitness counterpart and inspiration. Chris, who got me started on this whole Atkins thing in the first place, weighed himself for the first time in a couple weeks. I'd been urging him to do it for a while, because I could tell by looking at him that he'd lost some weight. In the past when he's lost weight, the least he'd weighed was 260. That was it. Back a few months ago around the post-holiday disaster we all experience on the scale, he was up to the upper 280's, and was devastated with himself.

That's when he got serious and started Atkins in the middle of March. Late April he was down to about 263, I think, and was stoked about it! (Duh!) But there's that 260 line that he hadn't broken in ages. He came by my house where I have a digital scale and stepped on yesterday...

257!

You can bet we had a little dance party right there in the bathroom! I was insanely proud of him. He told me he hadn't weighed that in years. WOW.

He and I are right alongside each other in our goals. About 30 pounds left each for our ultimate goals. And totally attainable.

So while I may not be praising the glorious triumph of the 180's yet, I'm celebrating and basking in the excitement of watching someone I care about find their own success and joy. But I've literally been 190.3 3 out of the 4 times I've been on the scale the past couple times.... I am so stinkin' close to breaking that barrier!

Supposedly according to my plan, I'm going to transition from Atkins Induction (which is the most rapid weight loss) into Phase 2 (ongoing weight loss, or OWL), which includes slightly higher carb counts, like berries and nuts, on May 21. But I may delay it until I'm down in the 170s. We'll see.

10k training program starts Sunday, and May 19th I'm running another 5k! Awesome.
Life is good.
Summer is here.
Success is ours!

No comments: